MYS Goes to Jamaica!
BREDS is part of the Treasure Beach Foundation, promoting education, sports, cultural heritage and emergency healthcare since 1998.
Over the years, the organization (BREDS) has strengthened schools, built houses, raised the literacy rate, created a fish sanctuary, purchased an ambulance, opened community centers, created countless jobs and much more.
Excited by the prospects for this inaugural trip, BREDS Chairperson, Jason Henzell, spearheaded this partnership with Rovel Stephen Sparkes, President & Founder of My Yute Soccer, providing access to accommodations and local resources.
Treasure Beach is approximately two and a half hours drive from Montego Bay Airport.
Accommodations reside within Jake's Village, adjacent to the BREDS Sports Complex, at Jack Sprat B&B. The entire B&B was dedicated to My Yute Soccer for the week of July 1 with room for the entire group to sleep, eat, walk to the beach or the soccer pitch.
Click here to go to the Jack Sprat B&B webpage and overall Jake's Village website.
Given that My Yute Soccer's history includes a focus on healthy habits, as well as promoting awareness of socio-cultural differences, each day of the trip was dedicated to providing a unique experience in sport and eco-tourism. Highlights below:
- Provide two free soccer clinics for BREDS youth
- Attend a cricket match and a youth soccer match
- Play in two soccer matches against local men's teams
- Tour a sustainable farm and Galleon fish sanctuary
- Visit a local mission focused on teaching farming skills
- Visit Black River and Pelican Bay for nature hikes
City & Culture
- A Day in Kingston – Marley Museum and Red Stripe factory tour
- Attend a local Reggae show
- Sunset and drinks at Negril's famous Rick's Cafe
For those MYS trip participants who are interested in staying another day, a special fundraising, farm to table dinner will be hosted by Jake's Hotel on Saturday, July 8.
MYS Board Members, Polly Legendre and Michael Lee, Phd. will be featured speakers for their expertise in sustainable fishing and food initiatives.
For a draft of the itinerary, click here.
READY FOR JAMAICA 2018?
Submit your initial inquiry below and a MYS team member will respond within 3-5 days.